FOUNDATION* WORKSHOPS & COURSES 2017 | 2018 | 2019
with Malcolm H Clark,
Founder & Director of Melbourne Yoga & Meditation Centre, Victoria, Australia
*EXPERIENCED Level Workshops & Courses available, to follow FOUNDATION Level, upon request.
A. Yoga Practice
B. Yoga Courses
C. Yoga & Ayurveda
D. Yoga Theory
F. Field Yoga
G. Western Yoga
H. Yoga Metaphysics
I. Intuitive Art
Calendar Dates: 2017-2018
Jun-Oct – Australia
Jan-Feb – United Kingdom
Mar-Apr – UK & European Continent
May – USA, Canada & Brasil
June-Aug – UK
Sept – UK & European Continent
Oct – USA & Australasia (Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia)
Nov-Dec – UK & European Continent
Jan-Feb – United Kingdom
Rates: 2017 – 2018
Workshop and Course Rates provided – on application
WORKSHOPS and COURSES
3 hours each, unless otherwise indicated
- Food Diet, Fasting and Culture for yoga and meditation practitioners
- Introduction to Training the Physical Body for yoga and meditation practitioners
- Developing a Complete Yoga Practice – Preparation, Relaxation techniques, Postures and Movement, Breathing techniques, Concentration, Meditation, Contemplation
- Yoga Sequence One beginner – posture
- Surya Namaskar – Salute to the Sun, posture breathing & mantra
- Yoga Breathing and Bandhas Clarified – principles and practices – Parts One to Three (technique | application | integration)
- Preparing the Body/Mind Vehicle for Yogic Integration – rationale and purposes of practices – what are we actually aiming to attain?
- Level One Pranayama – purification & therapeutic techniques
HATHA YOGA – clarifications & refinements
- Overview of Hatha Yoga – sapta-sadhana – its purpose, aim, method & practice – Shodhana, Asana, Mudra & Bandha, Pratyahara, Pranayama, Dhyana, Samadhi (body ctr approach) (“When the body becomes lean, the face glows with delight, Anâhatanâda manifests, and eyes are clear, body is healthy, bindu under control, and appetite increases, then one should know that the Nâdîs are purified and success in Hatha Yoga is approaching.”)
- Hatha Yoga Preparations, Purifications & Warm-ups
- Asana Mudra Bandha – Preparations of Hatha Yoga, leading to Pratyahara & Pranayama
- Uddiyana Bandha – the fundamental to pratyahara and pranayama in Hatha Yoga – applying the correct technique – learning the two phases of Uddiyana (inner & outer) as preparation to apply in Pranayama
- Pratyahara – practices and techniques leading up to Pranayama & the Hatha Yoga Dhyana (Meditation) Technique
- Pranayama Bandha and Pratyahara Part 1– the transcending techniques
- Particular Hatha Yoga Pranayama for Meditation leading into Meditation and Samadhic Contemplation. True purpose of breathing exercise and techniques. Which ones do we really need and which are unessential? What is the true aim of Pranayama?
RAJA YOGA – clarifications & refinements
- Overview of Patanjali’s Raja Yoga – ashtanga-sadhana – How Hatha Yoga’s preparation leads into the Eight Limbs and what follows. – Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi (head ctr approach)
- Yamas and Niyamas – if we don’t work with this, our deeper practices are worthless – we clarify and show what is required
- Stages and levels of Ahimsa – non-harmfulness – in the development of the individual.
- Stages in development of Brahmacharya – from sexual continence to spiritual creativity
- Posture – from seat to sitting still
- Pancha Kosha mudras – purpose, aim, form and technique
- Samyama in Theory & Practice – concentration, meditation, contemplation
- The Real Ashtanga – real-world daily application of the eight limbs
- Dhyana Yoga – logic and geometrical thinking as Meditation technique – Clarification of terms and techniques for Meditation, Dhyana, Dianoia, Jhana, Chan, Zen
B. Yoga Courses
- Level One Hatha Yoga Course – 10 weeks – 6 hours/week
- Yoga Philosophy – its approach in development of the individual – 10 week Course – 6 hours/week
C. Yoga & Ayurveda
- Ayurveda – a practical introduction & guide
- Agni in Yoga and Ayurveda
- Food Combinations for Yoga and Meditation Practitioners
- Introjecting and Eating – control of appetite for Yoga and Meditation Practitioners
D. Yoga Theory – Idea Development
- The Bhagavad-Gita
- Introduction to The Bhagavad Gita
- Mahabharata introduction – excerpts, interpretations and essential Meditations; Voice from the lake; Krishna talks to Arjuna; others (see notes ctr of blk book)
- Yogas of the Bhagavad Gita – 4 main ones and 18 in total
- Gita Ch 13 Knower & Known
- Gita Ch 14 3 Gunas – The Three Gunas, and The Universal Feminine
- Yoga Essentials in the Bhagavad-Gita
- Introduction to Samkhya – enumeration of the categories – spirit soul mind matter – earth matter to pure consciousness
- Samkhya – Philosophy of Yoga – differences between Samkhya and Yoga
- Samkhya as original Philosophy of Yoga and Yoga is the ‘practice’ of Samkhya
- Spiritual yoga compared to secular exercise – how to convert mundane techniques into spiritual development, for yoga and meditation practitioners.
- Patanjali Aphorisms
- Introduction to The Yoga Sutra-s(Aphorisms) of Patanjali – as practice theory
- Meditations on the 26 Great Rules of Yoga
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras – as practice
- Karma yoga – Service as Yoga while understanding the mechanics & purpose of ego centred consciousness and how to practically transcend its limits
- Raja Yoga – what is Self-rulership? Will & Concentration as initial key to Raja Yoga.
- Shuddhadvaita and Shuddha Yoga – Sincerity, Honesty, and Purity of Motivation – truth, love, and will to work as the threefold principal to embodying Sincerity. What is Sincerity? What is Honesty? What is Shuddhadvaita, and what does it mean for individual development? Is ‘true sincerity’ possible in our current level of human development? Or is it just a pretence?
- Jnana and Vijnana Yoga – the mechanics of mind in ‘simplicity’.
- Bhakti Yoga – Devotion – What is Devotion and what are the stages of Devotion and commitment of the heart? What is the Ultimate True Commitment and what is implied in its freedom? Levels and types of love.
- Vedanta introduction
- Introduction to Tantra
- Upanishads introduction – Two Birds on One Tree – The Metaphor of Observer and Observed
- Metaphysics of Breathing in Yoga and Meditation – EH
- Body and Appetite for the Yogin
- Purusha (pure consciousness) and Prakriti (universal substance) – the absolutes of Yoga and Samkhya, and how they function in an individual being.
- Yoga and Chakras in Theory and Practice – 4 workshops, 3 hours each, theory and practice.
- Stages to Reflexive Self-consciousness for yoga and meditation practitioners
- Samadhic Contemplation
- Yoga defined, and its true orientation. Who is Shiva? Who is Shakti? What follows the attainment of Yoga?
- Yoga as Development of the Individual Being – What is the individual & what is the individual in relation to the group? Values & detractions of being in the group, and vice versa, isolation from the group.
E. Meditation – Workshops & Courses
- Meditation Techniques Eastern and Western – finding one which works for you.
- Eastern and Western Meditation and Meditation Techniques – over 3 workshops
- Meditation as a valuable component of a HAPPY and Creative LIFE. No true artist is without it.
- 8 Week Meditation Course – FOUNDATION Level – 2 hrs/wk Course contact and daily self-practice required
Each week of the Foundation Level Meditation Course participants are provided with Rationale, Technique and Practical Application Exercises. The Foundation Level is suitable for all levels of personal background & experience; for people who are over the age of 15 years. Course curriculum
- 8 Week Meditation Course – EXPERIENCED Level – 2 hrs/wk Course contact and daily self-practice required.
Experienced Level Meditation builds upon the Foundation Level, and requires participants to have successfully completed all 8 weeks of the Foundation Level. Course curriculum
EAST – workshops
- Yoga Preparations, Movements, Postures and Techniques which help you to sit still for meditation. Practical class – please bring your Yoga mat and clothes suitable to stretch and relax.
- Different Pranayama and Breathing Techniques for different types of Meditation.
- Meditations on Five Koshas of the Hindu Upanishads and how to apply them in Practical Life – exist, feel, think, understand, will.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Aphorisms – A Summary of His Essential Ideas and His Meditation Technique
- Meditation Technique for Hatha Yoga – preparation and application in readiness for Raja Yoga
- Basic Yoga Psychology and Meditation Techniques to understand and integrate within it.
- What is Yogic Meditation? Hatha Yoga Meditation & Raja Yoga Meditation – what is the difference, who benefits from each, what is the approach to the goal of each?
- Meditation – The real original purpose of Yoga is gaining the ability to do Samyama, comprising 3 components:- Concentration, Meditation, Samadhic Contemplation.
- Step Up – How to develop authentic practical Meditation and Reflection out of your Yoga practice; precision thinking and no-mind for the individual.
- Meditation Techniques from the Sutras of Patanjali.
- Yantra, Stupa and Mandala for Meditation and gaining Reflexive Self-consciousness
- Meditations on the body Chakra centres of Yoga metaphysics (4 workshops)
- Samsara – 7 Psychological States and how to balance them to transcend the wheel of suffering – pleasure, pain, ignorance, virtue, vice, attachment, aversion
- Meditations on the Buddhist Wheel of Life, Pratityasamutpada (wheel of dependant origination/arising) – (2 workshops 3 hours each, includes illustrations & practical meditations)
- Chakra Yantra and Chakra Stupa for meditation
- Muladhara vrittis – chakra of foundation – expression and turning point of the will – integration within the individual of the four aspects of will in order to start a return to Shiva (pure consciousness)
- Svadhisthana vrittis – chakra of the place of the self – integration within the individual of its 6 emotional states, in order to attain Manipura
- Manipura vrittis – chakra of the city of jewels – integration within the individual of its 9 emotional states in order to attain Anahata
- Disbelief – its origin in Belief, and return
- Integration of Mahabharata, Samkhya, Patanjali & Upanishads on Yantra
WEST – workshops
- Physical Body Exercise Preparations, Movements, Postures and Techniques which help you to sit still for meditation. Practical class – please wear clothes suitable to stretch and relax.
- Basic Psychology and Meditation Techniques to understand & integrate the 3 part being.
- The Psychological Diagram – 3 Part Being Integration
- Introduction to Dialectics and Meditation.
- Purpose of Yantra, Types of Yantra, How to build a visual Yantra for individual meditation.
- Meditation techniques to attain insight and Reflexive Self-consciousness.
- The Zodiac as Yantra for individual development and attaining Reflexive Self-consciousness.
F. Field Yoga
- Aspects of Field Yoga – aim, technique, application
- Field Yoga – 12 Fields/Styles of Yoga – introduction
- Field Yoga – ‘development through opposition’ – 12 levels of being and their integration
- Field Yoga – 12 stages of individual development – to be, to experience, to body forth, to feel a zone of influence, to feel encumbrance, to feel release, to know, to organise, to articulate, to desire, to will, to focus create.
- Introduction to Field Yoga Ghatastha Sequence 1 – Elementary Postures
- Introduction to Field Yoga Ghatastha Sequence 1 – Elementary Postures with Application of Mudras, Bandhas, Pranayama
- Development of a Yogi – 8 Virtues required, 8 Pitfalls to transcend.
G. Western Yoga & Meditation
- Yoga and Religion – differences and similarities
- Western Yoga and Eastern Yoga – micro and macro
- Integration of Self – Physical Body, Vital Force, Lower Desire, Higher Desire, Mind, Intellect, Will, Beyond Individuality, Consciousness.
- The Ego – what is it, and what is its relationship to the medium(environment) which affords its experience?
- Enlightenment – Is Enlightenment attained suddenly? We will see what enlightenment is in fact. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Western Yoga and Levels of Being & Awareness
- The Zodiac as Yantra – aid to meditation and psycho-spiritual integration
- The Houses of Life – Medieval Zodiacal Houses as Yantra
- Living in the Moment and Just for Today – applied teachings in Presence.
- The Zodiascope – EH (12 workshops – 2 hours each with illustrations and practical exercises)
- Cube Meditations and Dialectics in Western Yoga
- Meditations from the teachings of Joseph Campbell
- Yogic Teachings of Eugene Halliday – 20th Century – 3 hr workshops with illustrations and meditations
- Reflexive Self Consciousness (3 workshops, 2 hrs each)
- The Tacit Conspiracy (2 workshops, 2 hrs each)
- Five Things to Do
- The Awakened Consciousness
- The Universe and the Individual
- Through the Bible – Eugene Halliday – a view of the progress of Spirit in the world – 78 Workshops, 2 hrs each – includes illustrations and meditations
- Christian Philosophy – Eugene Halliday – that philosophy which can be shown to derive logically from the words spoken by Jesus Christ. Jesus says, “The words that I speak unto you are spirit and they are life”. (John 6:63) – 33 Workshops, 2 hrs each – includes illustrations and meditations
- Shakespeare Yantra – Meditations on Graces and Vices of the King
- Meditations on “Shakespeare King Educator” – EH
H. Yoga Metaphysics
GREAT RELIGIONS & SYSTEMS
- The Buddhist Wheel of Life and How to Step off the wheel of a hard life – transcending the 12 Dependent Steps which tie pure consciousness to the 5 specialised senses, the lower mind, the ego, and an outer life of suffering and boredom. – ref to Nagarjuna’s Pratityasamutpadah – the wheel of dependent arising. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Levels of Being in Yoga and Meditation Disciplines
- Microcosmic and Macrocosmic Fields in Field Yoga & Meditation
- Important 20th Century Yogic Teachers and Philosophers – Eugene Halliday, Nietzsche, Zimmer, Campbell, Ram Dass.
- Kundalini Yoga and Non-serial Thinking
- Spirituality and Yoga – What is Spiritual Yoga compared to Physical Yoga? Is there a difference, and if so, what is the difference? Developing a personal Spiritual practice which doesn’t commit you to the dogma and doctrine of secular organisations
- The Teachings of Ram Dass and Neem Karoli Baba – today is Ram Dass’ birthday and we will look at his contribution of introducing essential and useful Hindu teachings to the Western world throughout the 20th and early 21st Century. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Essential Yogic Teachings and Excerpts from the Bhagavad Gita
- Stages of Shiva – sentience, awareness, consciousness – and stages of Shakti – appetite, will, power, desire, body – for yoga and meditation practitioners
- The Buddhist Wheel of Life – Theory and Meditations (4 workshops – 2 hours each)
- AIM of Yoga – Workshop Series – theory and practice – 26 hours
- What is Yoga?
- Value of Yoga’s Rescue via Reflexive Self-consciousness
- First Great Rule In Yoga
- Second Great Rule in Yoga
- FALLING into Identification
- FREEDOM from Inclination, Bondage & The Fall of Consciousness
- CAUSE of Inclination
- BREAKING IDENTIFICATION 1
- BREAKING IDENTIFICATION 2
- The SELF, Consciousness & Will
- WHOLENESS, FREEDOM & Reflexive Self-Consciousness
- Gaining Reflexive Self-Consciousness – Exercise
- The Real Purpose of Life – EH
- Zodiacal Significances and how to apply and embody them in practice with thought, feeling and will. 7 planetary types, 4 elements, 3 phases, integration, insight and Yantra. (2 workshops 3 hours each with practical exercises)
- Meditations on the three-part man – understanding individual potentials and development in thought and feeling and will.
- Applying Basic Buddhist Principles to Create a Good Life – changing the past, controlling the future, relaxing into the present. (Marut)
- Many Paths Exist, by which peoples of the world develop, as they do.
MYSTICISM & SYMBOLS
- Education & Indoctrination – differentiation before development
- The purpose of a Symbol
- Contemplation in Yoga
- Interpretation and Hermeneutics
- Hermeneutics – what is it, and why is it so important for the individual in development practices.
- The Psychographic Art of Eugene Halliday – appreciation of, and insight into, over 100 psychographic drawings
- If Reincarnation be true, what follows? – Historically throughout the World in Spiritual Traditions, Reincarnation of the Soul has been vowed and disavowed in differing periods and in different epochs. If reincarnation is adopted as a teaching, what does this mean for a developing individual? What is the difference between Responsibility and Response-ability, and what has this to do with true Yoga? (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Essentials in Understanding Male-Female Relationships
- Suryana & Pitriyana – EH
- Tantra of Male/Female relation as outlined in The Tacit Conspiracy by Eugene Halliday.
- One Love Disguised as Five kinds of Love
- Male and Female relations
- Love as key in the development of the individual – love as the means and the end of all values and processes
- The Bio-field life force (prana-maya-kosha) and Technique development.
- Understanding the Male/Female balance within the Individual – “fix your own inner relationship first” (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Divorce Lawyers Guide to Marriage – text study
CONSCIOUSNESS & WILL
- Will, Choice and Choosing – what is choice?
- Faith versus Reason
- Will versus Intellect
- Reflexive Self Consciousness and Samadhic Contemplation as ‘key’ to all true Human Freedom. To Work Towards Resec – EH
- Yoga and Reflexive Self-consciousness – a brief rationale
- Sentience, Awareness, Consciousness, Reflexive Self-consciousness – stages of development for the individual
- Conscience and Consciousness
- Initiation to Reflexive Self-consciousness
- Power, Urge, Will, Energy, Desire and Appetite
- The Fall of Consciousness Down the Spine
- Physical Birth and Spiritual Birth
- Samadhic Contemplation – “consciousness bending back upon itself – the step beyond meditation” (2 Workshops, 3 hrs each)
- Applied Power – will, wish, want, desire, appetite, urge, drive – how each is different – ref to China’s greatest Yogi ‘Lao Tse’ and his Classic on how to live life the “Tao Teh Ching” – the Way and its Power. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- Applied Reflexive Self-consciousness – Universal Understanding – ref to Eugene Halliday’s seed kernel teaching and why the technique is so important for individual freedom and personal creativity in the Age of Aquarius – the surveillance age. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
SPIRIT & SOUL
- Spirit and Soul – Is there a difference, is it a relation, or are they the same?
- Understanding the Soul and how to deal effectively with feelings of adversity, fear and anxiety. Insights into sanity(wholeness) and insanity. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
- The Structure of the Psyche(Soul) – EH (2 workshops, 3 hours each with meditations)
- Introspection & Knowing Thyself – EH
- Truth and the 3 Part Being in Yoga and Meditation
- Chakras and Subtle Anatomy
- History of Psychology
- Three part being – ancient and modern psychology
- Aspects of the Feeling Self x3 – Wave Psychology, Feeling-Flux, and Cycloid behaviour characteristics
- 14 Paired Psychological States – meditation for balancing the Psyche
- Gunas(stages of feeling development) in The Tacit Conspiracy – EH
- Micro and Macro Cosmic fields as Yantra for development of human values.
- The Serial Thinking Mind as barrier to Enlightenment
- Mantra – the Essential idea in Theory and Practice – East and West
- Vrittis (turning in the mind) and psychology
- What is Pain? How to understand and transcend pain. Love, Truth and Pain.
- The Mind and the Cessation of the Turnings(vrittis) of the Mind – definition of Yoga by Patanjali, and understanding the process.
- The Buddhist Wheel of Dependent Origination – the wheel of life meditation – 12 stages, 6 worlds, 3 functions, 2 phases – and how to apply in Practical Life
- Pratyahara in Theory and Practice
- Do you really believe that pleasure derived from sense organs is the true means to happiness…? Learning to Actively Create “Good Feeling”
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – an overview of the most important ones – 26 Great Rules of Yoga – Patanjali – 4 workshops of 2 hours
- Ideas versus Feelings
- Why We Need A Sense Of Humility – EH
- Understanding Suffering & Pain – how to Break Identification and Resolve Pain.
- Two Workshops on Understanding Desire (higher and lower), Aversion and Egoic consciousness, and how to transcend the wheel of dependent origination – essential Buddhist meditation techniques for yoga and meditation practitioners – 3 states, 6 realms, 12 dependencies
- Means and Methods for Attaining Mental Clarity – transcending vrittis(turmoil in the mind).
- Responsibility and Response-ability – what is the quantum difference and how to apply
- The Hippy Love Philosophy – a study
- Three-part Human Being – Thinking Feeling Willing and their relations for individual integration
- Five Things to Do – the five koshas in modern applied context – 2 workshops 3hrs each including practical exercises.
- Understanding Conflict Resentment and Forgiveness – it starts within and manifests without – forces crossing equals vrittis
- Microcosmic-Self, Microcosmic-self and Egoic-self
- Meditations on the Right Brian and the Left Brain – Two halves of the brain, connected by nerve cable. Left half is good at verbal serial analysis etc. Right half is good at holistic comprehension. By practice one may use either side at will. Learn the difference between left brain meditation and right brain meditation, and how to approach each method in practical exercises. (2 Workshops 3 hrs each)
H. Intuitive Art
- The Rationale and Technique of Art Therapy
- The Rationale and Technique of Intuitive Art