When we first become interested in Meditation we often approach it for a benefit, or from curiosity. The ‘benefit’ approach may be for better mental performance, or it may be to overcome a stress factor or anxiety. Depending upon your motive for starting Meditation, there are at least seven principal meditation techniques practised across the world by those serious about meditation. And whether for curiosity, performance, or stress-relief, we have an approach for you here at Melbourne Yoga & Meditation Centre.
Malcolm has found first hand from teaching 16 years full time in his Melbourne studio, preceded by many years personal practice & research study, that Private Tuition is by far the best approach to sharing his work. There is little true value in group classes, although some would concede that they enjoy a group atmosphere. In the end, becoming attached to the group, rather than the meditation discipline and its deep experience, is unhealthy for true development.
Malcolm offers Private Tuition and Consultations to those who truly wish to learn a meditation discipline which suits them uniquely.
Let’s use an analogy. At the ice cream counter, looking at the choices is not much fun – it’s only the taste which counts. If you knew enough about which flavour suited you best, wouldn’t you go for that flavour? Well Malcolm asks you some questions before he starts to teach you a Meditation approach, and as you answer he helps you select the best flavour for you. You can always go off later and try all the others, but the start is important most of all. Be informed about your predispositions and which approach will give you the best results for what you need, right from the start.
Meditation is an art, an art of the mind. It requires proper technique and practice. With Private Tuition you’ll be offered both. It will be up to yourself how much practice you are prepared to undertake outside of class time. More practice, more advancement.
- Meditation is a mental discipline.
- It doesn’t involve physical body preparation if you can already sit still.
- It does involve developing an ability to concentrate, and a proper procedure of approach to help concentration.
- Western Meditation involves training the mind in precise logical procedures.
- Eastern Meditation involves depth sensitivity and central focus.
- With Private Tuition, you are taught an approach which suits you personally, and by which you have the greatest success.
Meditation is an active, positive, conscious process. It is not hypnosis or sleep. When understood & practised properly it brings a high degree of alertness, and mental spaciousness. The spaciousness is usually interpreted as ‘quiet’ and ‘peace of mind’, but really it is the ‘awareness of space’ for a beginner meditator.
Real Meditation does not lead you into fuzzy dreamy passive relaxation on the verge of falling asleep. Be aware that many modern techniques are just ‘distractions for the mind’ and are ingenuine. This is part of why many people give up trying to meditate, and feel little or no benefit, or only gain progress very slowly.
The best and sure way to start meditation is with Personal Tuition and the personal guidance of an experienced teacher. This is the way of centuries of tradition, and is unmistakably the best approach by far for a beginner. You get to ask all the questions you wish and the rest of the time is used to absolute maximum efficiency, applying the disciplines.
Some areas of consultation and assistance for MEDITATION might include:
- Clear or withdraw from a mind of useless thoughts
- Mental stress can be relieved immediately with the appropriate technique – purpose chosen for you. A quick set of questions from Malcolm & you are on your way. No guessing and experimentation. No trial & error.
- Improve your mind-set, life aim and intention with a personal Meditation discipline.
- How to transition from Yoga posture to Mind training. Understanding your mind and applly the best meditation technique option for you.
- Open the door to Samadhic contemplation and Reflexive Self-consciousness as the key to psychological and spiritual freedom.
- Up to two people practising and receiving instruction at the same time. Split the cost between you, or practise alone. Malcolm visits you
- Fees: $90/80minutes Book >>